In addition to being a tasty fruit, guava is likewise a source of numerous advantages when it comes to our health and beauty.
The fruit itself can be taken advantage of, as well as of the bark of this tree and its leaves.
Guava contains a larger amount of anti-oxidants compared to any other citrus fruit and likewise contains a low number of calories and fats, which makes it the ideal fruit for persons whose goal is losing weight and incorporating fruits into their diet plans.
Guava leaves have long been used in alternative medicine for fighting various illnesses, due to the flavonoids, polyphenols and other minerals it contains.
Some of them are given below so that you can take advantage of them as well:
- Guava leaf extract is used for fighting candidiasis through infusions that are used as showers.
- Chewing guava leaves can help fight foul breath and if taken prior to consuming alcohol, it can help avoid headaches and hangovers.
- Prepare an infusion by using guava peel for relieving skin irritations, sight and acne.
- It possesses anti-microbial properties that assure to be efficient in treating diarrhea.
- The pectin contained in guavas can help reduce the levels of cholesterol.
- Guava tea acts as an efficient diuretic.
- Guava leaves act as anti-oxidants that can positively affect male fertility.
- Alleviates coughs and sore throat.
- The pectin affects the intestines as it cleanses them and prevents constipation.
- It is ideal for persons whose goal is losing weight as 100 grams of it contain only twenty calories and low levels of fat.
By mixing one liter of water and a handful of guava leaves you can make a tea that you can enrich with some honey and whose benefits you can take advantage of.